Anyone can become an event organiser by creating a web page within the Facebook platform to represent an event and outline its whys, whens and wherefores.
Step by Step Guide to Setting up a Facebook Event
- Login to Facebook
- Locate the search box on the top right hand side of the page
- Type “Ev” into it
- A list appears below the search box
- One of the list items is “Events” - click on it
- The Events page should appear
- Locate the, grey, “+Create an Event” button on the top right hand side of the main content area - click on it
- Follow the instructions from there
* If you have not already done so, sign-up to create a Facebook profile.
More on Facebook events…
You can use the system to send invites to your friends and other Facebook users. A handy RSVP manager categorises your guest list into those “Attending, Maybe Attending or Not Attending” based on responses.
Guests can usually see who else is attending and use the message board to express their excitement or leave grovelling excuses. There is also room to add links, maps, photos and videos.
The event organiser can make the event ’secret’ and change many settings to customise the Event Page features.
The trouble was, I had spent a long time hacking away with no idea what to click in order to navigate to the place where you can start to set up an event….so that’s why i wrote this post. Hope it helps ya!
Any Other Tips / Questions?
Feel free to add a comment if you have any questions or tips to add.
Other Facebook How-Tos
- How to make your friends list invisible to the World on facebook
- How to remove your profile picture off Facebook