I wanted to remove my profile picture or, if that was not possible, replace it with some other image.
To do this
- I logged into facebook
- Clicked on “Profile”
- Clicked on the “View Photos of Me” link (just under my profile picture)
A gallery of photos of me appears
- I scrolled down to the bottom of the page to see my albums.
- I clicked on the album named “Profile Pictures”
- I clicked on “Change Profile picture” - but, as expected, there did not appear to be an option to show “No photo”. The only options I had were to “Select a profile photo from your Profile Picture Album.”
- So this means, in order to stop displaying my profile picture to the World, I have to either
- provide/upload an alternative photo to select as The profile picture to use, or
- delete all photos from the “Profile Picture Album”
- I think i will do the former.
- Quick Fix Using WebCam Tool :On Faceook’s “Edit Profile Picture” page it has a handy tool that allows you to take a picture, there and then, using a web cam. I kept the lens cap on my webcam and then used the tool to snap a pic. This seemed to start using the new, solid black, picture as my profile picture with no further actions needed.
- Later I replaced it with something more funky
You are free to use this, “Robots Don’t Index Me! picture” as your default profile pic if you like:
Why Did I Act to Remove My Profile Photo? You May Ask.
I joined Facebook to keep in touch with my friends. I have no interest in finding new friends using the internet or letting stalkers catch up with me.