Update - Facebook has changed since this post was written. So, this technique no longer works.However, Charlie suggested an alternative in the comments below.
However, you can set an option that tells Facebook not to show your Friends List to the World. But, it also means that you don’t show it to your own friends either.
Here’s how to do this:
- Login to Facebook
- Click ‘Profile’ (on the top navigation bar) to get to your profile page.
- Find the ‘Friends Box’ on the side bar
- Click on the ‘Edit Link’ (the little ‘pencil icon’)
- Uncheck the option that says “Show my friends on my profile”
Now to test if it worked…
Test To See How the World Sees Your Facebook Profile.
- Click ‘Settings’ (on the top navigation bar)
- A drop down list appears:
Click ‘Privacy Settings’
- The Privacy Settings Menu Page appears
Click “Search”. (In fact you could probably click on any of the options)
- The Privacy Settings > Search page appears
Click the “Preview My Profile” button
- You can then see how your profile looks to the outside World.